​​UK Visas & Immigration Service and Personal Details ​​

Following approval of your nomination, Schools will request via email that you complete a Personal Details Form and supply a scanned colour copy of your passport. You will be required to bring your original passport with you when you attend an EE Central Induction Event or Assessment Board, whichever is sooner. It is important that your original passport is verified by a TU member of staff only. The UK Visas & Immigration Service (UKVI) requires all Universities to undertake identity checks on all temporary staff, including External Examiners, to ensure that they are eligible to work in the UK.


During your tenure, if your personal details change, such as a change of bank account, address or your surname you will need to re-submit a Personal Details Form and send it to the School. If you have had a change of  surname you will also be requested to provide a certificate.


What do I need to supply to prove eligibility to work in the UK?

A TU member of staff will require to see your original passport the first time you visit the School or Validated Partner.

What if I don’t have a Passport?

You will be required to produce a document stating your permanent National Insurance Number and name (i.e. P60, P45 or NI Card), as well as a full Birth Certificate, which includes names of parents.