Resignations & Conflicts of Interest
If you wish to resign from your role prematurely, you are required to provide 12 weeks’ notice. Resignations should be sent to APR@tees.ac.uk. Schools, Partners, HR and the External Examiner Sub-Committee will be advised accordingly.
Conflicts of Interest / Change of Jobs
If during your tenure a conflict of interest arises, or you have changed jobs please email APR@tees.ac.uk with details.
In relation to conflicts of interest, External Examiners must NOT be:
- A member of a governing body or committee of the appointing body or one of its Partners, delivery organisations or support providers, or a current employee of the appointing body or one of its Partners, delivery organisations or support providers.
- Anyone with a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a member of staff or student involved with the course of study.
- Anyone required to assess colleagues who are recruited as students to the course of study.
- Anyone who is, or knows they will be, in a position to influence significantly the future of students on the course of study.
- Anyone significantly involved in recent or current substantive collaborative research activities with a member of staff closely involved in the delivery, management or assessment of the courses(s) or modules in question.
- Former staff or students of the higher education provider unless a period of five years has elapsed and all students taught by or with the External Examiner have completed their course(s).
- A reciprocal arrangement involving cognate courses at another higher education provider.
- The succession of an External Examiner by a colleague from the Examiner's home department and provider.
- The appointment of more than one External Examiner from the same department of the same higher education provider.