Right to Work Checks & Personal Details

​​​​​​​​Right to Work Checks and Personal Details ​​

Following approval of your nomination,  Student Learning & Academic Registry will send you a contract letter and request that you complete a Personal     Det​ails Form and supply a scanned colour copy of your passport to EEverification@tees.ac.uk​.  The EE verification team will communicate with you about how to complete your Right to Work verification​. It is important that your original passport is verified by a TU member of staff only. The UK Visas & Immigration Service (UKVI) requires all Universities to undertake identity checks on all temporary staff, including External Examiners, to ensure that they are eligible to work in the UK.

During your tenure, if your personal details change, such as a change of bank account, address, or your surname, you will need to re-submit a Person​al Detai​ls Form​ and send it to Student Learning & Academic Registry, APR@tees.ac.uk. If you have had a change of  surname you will also be requested to provide a certificate.


What do I need to supply to prove eligibility to work in the UK?

A TU member of staff will require to see your original passport the first time you visit the School or Validated Partner, if not before. 

Please note that a member of TU staff must have possession of an original Passport/ID document and cannot rely on the inspection of documents via video link or a scanned copy.​​ NB Covid-19 Temporary Measures - whilst working remotely, passports can be verified by via video link, provided you have your original passport with you at the time of the virtual meeting and a scanned copy is forwarded to TU afterwards.

What if I don’t have a Passport?

You will be required to produce a document stating your National Insurance Number and name (i.e. P60, P45 or NI Card), as well as a full Birth Certificate, which includes names of parents.