Remember to pack your digital suitcase
Computer accounts for students leaving the University will normally be closed on completion of your studies. Those students attending the graduation ceremonies will continue with their accounts until the week after that event. If you intend to continue studying at the university, and have been accepted on another course, your computer account will remain active providing your entry in the Student Records system accurately reflects this. It is primarily your Student Record that determines whether your computer account will be disabled or not.
Upon closure of accounts, students will no longer have access to campus computing resources, including files stored on Teesside University (TU) servers. To prepare for this departure from TU services and the closing of University accounts, students are reminded of the following:
- Copy files stored on TU servers that you wish to transfer to your home computer. This may include U: drive home space files, Web Space files and OneDrive files. See your local IT service desk for more help.
- Once you finish your course of study your mailbox is not automatically deleted. Every year you will receive an Account Renewal email where you need to validate your account by following the link, if you fail to reply to this email your account will be closed.
- Access your student email by going to https://outlook.com/live.tees.ac.uk.
- For wireless users (mobile phone & laptops) remove Eduroam from your Network Connections.
- Make sure that you have used up all of the balance in your printing, photocopying and cashless account. To check how much credit you have, go to http://MyTUSC.tees.ac.uk where the balance for MyPrint and cashless is displayed.
- Be aware that you may need to remove some University academic software when the licence expires e.g.. Office 365 and SPSS licence is renewed annually.
- Return any outstanding equipment loans to the IT service desks or the Library iZone.
- Return any outstanding library loans.
- Keep in touch via Alumni http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/alumni/