MyPrint Printing Information
I just want to print – how do I do that?
- Send your print job by selecting Mono on MyPrint or Colour on MyPrint from a Staff or Student PC.
- Using your TUSC, log on to any mono or colour MyPrint device on campus.
- Select the PULL PRINT option on the display.
- You will be identified and your credit balance shown on the display.
- A list of your current print jobs will be displayed.
- Select the job you wish to print by touching the button to the left of the document name, then press print.
- Touch the back button to select another option or press Sign Out to end your session to ensure that no-one else uses your credits to photocopy.
Is double sided printing available?
Yes. When you are sending a print job, click on Properties, select an option under “print on both sides” and click on OK. Charges may vary depending on the nature of the job requested and the application used.
I’ve sent some printing to the printer but want to print it later. How long do I have?
You have 72 hours to print a job from the time of sending it to a MyPrint device. After this time print jobs will be automatically deleted.
How can I speed up my print job?
Although there is no maximum size for a print job, If your document contains a lot of imagery it’s possible that their combined file size could be slowing your printing down.
How do I cancel a print job?
- Log on any MyPrint device on campus, select the print job you want to cancel on the display and press delete.
- Print job will be automatically cancelled after 72 hours. Jobs that are actually being printed cannot be cancelled.
My document isn’t appearing in the list of print jobs on the MyPrint device
Wait. It could take some time to appear, especially if it is a large file or contains graphics. If there is still a problem, you could try sending the document page by page. Mono print jobs can also be printed on a Colour printer.
How do I print a document onto A3?
A3 Black & White documents should be sent to the Mono on MyPrint queue. Select Print and in the Print dialogue box, select Properties. On the Paper/Quality tab under Paper Options change paper size to A3 - click send.
A3 Colour documents should be sent to the Colour on MyPrint queue. Select Print and in the Print dialogue box, select Properties. On the Paper/Quality tab under Paper Options change paper size to A3 and collect from an A3 device.
Is there a separate A3 print queue?
No. For colour documents, choose the Colour on MyPrint queue. For black & white documents, choose the Mono on MyPrint queue.
How will it know that I want A3?
You will need to select A3 paper from your printer properties options before you send your document to print.
If your document has come out on A4 paper instead of A3 paper go back to a PC and check the settings within the Print Properties and ensure it is set to A3.
My document has printed in A4 size on A3 paper
Go back to a PC and check the settings within the print properties. Check whether the scale to fit has been ticked within the Effects tab. Alternatively you can just change the paper size to A3 within Page Setup / Paper tab.