Mobile Device Clinic
The clinic will open from November 7th 2022
The Mobile Device Clinic is a free service to help solve problems that students at Teesside University may have with their laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Please note that we do not provide a hardware repair service.
How does the clinic work?
- On a first come first served basis during term time only. We will endeavour to resolve issues with your device within 10 working days. The Mobile Device Clinic terms and conditions can be found
- We can only take in 2 devices at anyone time.
- The clinic operates from the IT Service in the Student Life Building (Room SLB1.23)
Who can use the clinic?
All Teesside University students. The Mobile Device Clinic is not available for staff, visitors to the University or members of the public.
What we can investigate
We will look at Windows and Mac laptops and we can help with software and configuration problems only. The services we provide include:
- Connecting mobile devices to the University Wi-Fi
- Virus and malware removal
- Performance issues
We may not be able to solve every problem, but are happy to look and see what we can do. If we can’t fix it we can provide advice on what to do next.
Before you attend the clinic
You can find
advice on this site. We recommend trying these simple steps before bringing your laptop to the clinic.
If at all possible, make a backup of your data before coming to the clinic. If we need to wipe your machine you will lose any data which has not been backup up.
What should I bring?
If you wish to make use of this service, then the computer you bring to us must be your own property. Please make sure you bring the following with you:
- The mobile device that needs repairing
- The power lead for the device
- An international power adaptor if required for the power lead
- A USB memory device if you wish any data to be copied from the laptop
- A description of the problem (including any error messages)
- Software (including licenses) and all passwords to access system/software