Please try one of the following ways to get in touch:
External: 01642 342220
Internal Ext: 2220
Monday - Thursday: 0830 - 17:00
Friday: 0830 - 1630
Before you contact IT Help:
It would be greatly appreciated when contacting us if you consider the following things:
Cables: Can you see if there are any cables that have come loose from your computer? If so, are you able to reconnect them?
Lights: Can you see any lights on the front of your computer? (This gives us an indication what the current power state of your computer is)
Not Alone: Are any of your colleagues experiencing the same issues? (This enables us to decide if it is a local problem or more widespread)
Change: Has anything changed, been upgraded or modified on your system since it was last working? (Quite often software updates or the installation of a new program can adversely affect a computer)
When contacting us please provide us with the following information:
Your full location (room, floor, building, campus)
Your IT username
Your contact telephone number
The nature of your problem
Your availability (if you are likely to be out of contact)
Additionally it will be beneficial to us if you could provide the following detailed information:
- Describe the sequence of events that led to the issue (e.g. what you were doing, what happened on the screen
- Did anything unexpected happen
- Exact wording of any error messages or better still a screen shot
It would be useful to know your basic computer details such as Operating System & version, amount of memory etc.
- Windows Users can find this by running
- Mac Users can find the OS version and memory information by going to the Apple menu and choose "About This Mac".